Pages

Friday, June 05, 2009

ART: A REVELATION

ART. I have been painting and drawing before I even knew how to write. I have joined drawing classes when I was about 8 yrs old. The most memorable could have been my classes with a renowed Filipino artist - Ben Cabrera, more commonly known as BENCAB.

In high school, I was the Batch Artist. I used to draw and paint for my classmates projects. Joined poster making contests which I won in about 8 contests.

When I was still in Baguio, most of my drawings and paintings are of nature and pine trees.
Then that developed into portraits and children. Most of my work were given out and I have not kept one for myself. It was only in college that I started to compile some of my work. When I was employed in Manila, the sketching and drawing didn't stop. I had my sketch pad with me and I made the BEST works that I ever dreamed of.



I didn't imagine that I would be able to come up with the images that I have drawn and sketched.... then my nightmare came. I was giving out one sketch to a friend. But since I do not have a folder to put it into, I handed over the sketchpad knowing that the pad will be returned to me. Then the unthinkable happened. The Sketchpad was lost! That time, I really lost my enthusiasm to draw. I didn't draw a single piece for next the months, year. But as they say, the wound heals eventually. The pen, charcoal and brush came back to life. I didn't lost my skill of drawing, seemed like I still have the eye and the hand to make a good piece.

Now I'm sharing some of the pieces that I have done in the past years. Enjoy.

Baby


"City Of Angels"



"Eyes"


Tree of Life

Branches

Spider-Man

Twisted

Wildflower

Flower Girl





























                                                     Prayer for Pope John Paul II

































Galadriel - LOTR
































 


Hope you enjoyed the ARTWORKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you :)